Sunday, October 16, 2011

Change is a comin..

So October 18th Etsy has decided to give shops the opportunity to change the name of their shop.

Which is a pretty big deal.

I've done a lot of thinking and I've decided to take advantage of the change.

That's right.  MementoMoriShop's name will be changing.  Along with the name change I will also be putting more energy into a specific medium rather then being all over the place.

It took a lot of thought but I know I've generally been displeased with the name and the broadness of it.  I've gotten quite a lot of compliments on MementoMoriShop's name, the focus being "Memento Mori : Remember Your Mortality" and though I am extremely fond of the meaning behind it, I don't feel an ownership over it.  It's used all over the place and I wanted my shop to be my own creation.

I had the new name picked out and in fact, I had saved it a couple of months ago on Etsy just in case Etsy would ever have made a decision like this.  UNFORTUNATELY I kind of screwed myself over being that you can't ever really close an account out permanently...and in order for you to take that name..it has to be free.

SO...I am going to play the waiting game and hope that the admins figure out a way for me (and apparently other shop owners hehe) to be able to either close the second shop down indefinitely (with the name that we saved for ourselves) or be able to merge.  But I have definitely made up my mind that the change is going to happen regardless. If it turns out in the end that I won't be able to do those options..I'm going to start making arrangements to move things over and take my losses with my reviews and "items sold". It's crappy..but it's what I want to do.

In the meantime, I will wait and explain where else my head has been...

The past couple of weeks I've been doing some personal "soul searching" with my creativity and trying to figure out the direction I want to take it so I actually feel fulfilled. I've come up with a pretty good game plan and this new shop name/medium will be something for me to work on and keep my creative juices flowing while I continue to research what I REALLY want to do with my life...which is jewelry casting (which I am now calling..the "Bigger Picture" for now ;) ).

I love the concept of coming up with a design, sketching it out...and having it physically in your hand for others to enjoy.  I want do fairy tale & mythology pieces since that is where my passion lies.

I have been watching videos and ordering books and even pulled out my neglected drawing pad and started doodling ideas.

With this jewelry casting I would love to design my own website for it rather than depending on Etsy. But those are things that'll be later down the road.

The money I make on any jewelry sold under my new Etsy shop name will be put towards saving up for supplies for the "bigger picture".

Anyways, I just thought I would put that out there since that is what has been running through my mind all week.  I will announce the new shop name once I am sure that I will be able to change it or I will get a definite answer from Etsy on whether or not they are going to be able to do so.

Thanks for any and all support y'all :)

-Angelica

No comments:

Post a Comment